Saturday, February 20, 2010

I know what I'm doing this weekend... kitchen clean out!

I came across the craziest video (forgot where I saw it as I was hopping here and there online earlier).  But when I did a search for it, I was able to pull up the link.  It is a Space-Saving Kithen model from 1949.  I think it gets to the actual kitchen at a little over 3 minutes in.  But seriously... I L.O.V.E. the organization in there. 
I have a nice sized kitchen, but not very well planned for practicality.  I have pretty much had everything in the same place since we moved in over a year ago.  After seeing this video I am inspired to look at it with fresh eyes and get it set up to work for me. 
I did say 1949... I actually like her dress, though I'm not too sure I could get away with it.

I did a quick search of 1940's kitchens and found some cute images.



Here are several cute pictures from a catalog.  It has other stuff from around that time, too, but still interesting.

Here is a pic from a  retro blog I found (looking for pictures).  Seems there are a lot of blogs dedicated to retro design.  Of course, there are blogs dedicated to just about anything, so this should be no surprise.  I will check it out more later.  Something about the simplicity of that time calls to me!


Anyway, I guess I could spend the day looking around.  Time to get into my kitchen!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment