Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas

We traveled down to Columbus 2 days before Christmas.  Usually we would go Christmas day, but because of snow coming and us having to get back early for Jeff's surgery, we went early.  The night before our Christmas I set the coffee table up for a "feast" to celebrate the coming of the King.  This is a new tradition for us and I love it.  The feast was a breakfast casserole, sweet rolls and coffee (coffee milk for the boys).


That's a good looking Santa.


Our Christmas morning... Sean waiting for Luke to wake up.  He was so patient, especially with his stocking and presents sitting right there.


Stocking time!


They  both got a remote control car.  Luke got a ball and Sean got some clips to use to build forts.


Daddy helping drive the new cars.


Sean got an orange in his stocking, Luke got an apple.  He held it the whole morning.


The feast...yum!


 Christmas morning, December 25, at my mom's house.  This is the best I could get of my two cuties.


We enjoyed doing just 2 presents for the boys with a little stocking at our house.  We are really trying to take the focus off gifts and celebrate the real meaning.  This post really spoke to me about giving to Jesus on his birthday.   Lord willing, we will cultivate this heart for the whole year.
One thing I am so excited about is sponsoring a child through Compassion.  His name is Dario and his birthday is 2 days before Sean's.  I am going to figure out how to get his picture on the side bar once I catch up all these posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment