Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall 2012 Family Pictures & Some Tips

We had a sweet friend do our family pictures.  It was such a crazy day.  Jeff walked in the door from work and we were scrambling to get everyone ready and figure out what he should wear.  Because I am a great planner like that.  
But ahhhh... we made it.





My lively boys were at their energetic best (you get what I'm saying??).
Julie works magic with that camera of hers!




        


She did pictures last year of the boys when Eli was only a couple months old.  Look how they've all grown!


Helpful tips:
  • We used clothes we had and bought Sean and Luke t-shirts from Wal-Mart in fall colors (less than $5 each).
  • We used a friend who is an aspiring (and very good!) photographer.  I'm all for professional photo shoots, but that is not Pate budget-friendly right now.  Barter or take advantage of their sweet deals.
  • Feed the kids first!  And yourself if you're prone to grumpies, too.
  • To help with littles who run, sit them down last, hold them gently in a pose and back away quickly as the photographer clicks away.
  • Try, try, try to enjoy the experience and not get too caught up in t picture-perfect shots.  It took me a few years, but I'm better now!
The spot we went to was so beautiful.  And they let people come in to visit and explore.  We are already planning a picnic ASAP.  I thank God for my spunky, happy boys and my perfect-for-me husband!

1 comment:

  1. such awesome pictures of your sweet family!! I love them :) & YOU!!

    ReplyDelete